Friday, October 16, 2009

It's Not About Seeing

I was catching up on visiting bloggy friends this past Wednesday. I was at a site (which I can't recall for the life of me) and I saw a comment from Heather whom I hadn't communicated with in some time. I clicked on her blog, On the Road. A scripture on her side bar caught my eye and I read it quickly. Hebrews 11:1. That's good. I've heard that one. I'm familiar with that one.

Literally the very next stop was this post at Angie's Free Spirit Haven. Toward's the bottom of her post she had Hebrews 11:1 in a graphic image. I read through it and after finishing, I realized, "This is the second time in minutes I've read this verse. Wait. Read that again. Maybe this is God."

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1 [my emphasis]

Are You, Lord, telling me to be sure of what I hope for? To be sure of restoration? I see no evidence of that, yet You want me to be certain of it...certain of what I do not see? Hopeful of what I do not see? Sure of what I hope for? How Lord? Don't worry with the how, sweet child, just be sure.

Let me retract and vaguely enlighten why this verse on this day would mean so much.

Wednesday morning I had the dream of dreams...my heart's desire fulfilled, beloved returned. Two were literally united as one again. It weighed so heavily on my heart all day Wednesday. My heart was hurting so bad...still hurting. I wanted the vividness of the dream to go away. You know what I mean about vividness...the feelings of it being and feeling SO real. I can't bear the dream without the reality. God help me.

Then, He tells me through two blogs that His Word says faith is being sure of what I hope for. He knows what I hope for. He knows I've not seen any evidence of it. It's what I hope but not what I see. Thank You, Lord. May I not forget You speaking to me through this verse.

So that day I...
Begged for return. Asked for healing. Feared no restoration.
Pleaded. Begged. Asked. Feared.

I'm writing this verse on my heart. I'm writing about this encounter so I won't soon forget God speaking to me, assuring me, and re-assuring me.

And if that's not enough. There's been a song on the radio for the last several weeks. Here's a few lines that always encourage me. My additions in brackets.

What Faith Can Do by Kutless

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains [that seem impossible]
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling [and resting on my heart]

And I’ve seen miracles just happen [better known as my suddenly]
Silent prayers get answered [amen!]
Broken hearts become brand new [can't wait]
That’s what faith can do

It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard [or what you are told]
Impossible is not a word [not in God's dictionary]
It’s just a reason for someone not to try

Everybody’s scared to death [it is scary to follow blindly]
When they decide to take that step.
Out on the water

Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing [oh yes!!!]
You will find your way
If you keep believing [that's faith, right?]

Overcome the odds [big odds, but not impossible odds]
You do have a chance
That’s what faith can do
When the world says you can’t [or says it can't happen]
It’ll tell you that you can! [it can happen]




Believing While Not Seeing,

© Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.

Picture is of my pink spirea

15 comments:

Nicole said...

Awesome post Paula. Standing and believing with you!!!

On Purpose said...

Know He loves you and adores speaking to your heart!

Tammy said...

Keep believing. I often wonder what would have happened if I had stopped praying for God's will in my marriage.

I always go back to the scripture in Daniel 10:12 when times get hard and I feel like giving up.

love and hugs~Tammy

Heather - On the Road... said...

Oh my friend,
I am so glad you stopped by, but even more glad that God used the scripture verse He has been using in me to help you.

Love you so much,
Heather

Angela said...

Ok girl..three time now for me..walk on water, step out, get out of the boat!! this has been the message for me since yesterday..What you wrote is the third time now that this has been mentioned..WOW...

This WAS powerful powerful powerful...

((hugs))

Pretty awesome how our Father spoke to you through my blog, confirming His Word over you, and now I come here and He confirms through your blog His Word over me...He is SO awesome!!!

Laura said...

Oh, Paula. I still pray for restoration.

I received you card, which was unexpected, but brought me joy. Thank you! I do wish we could meet one day and talk about all these heart-matters face to face.

I'm sending love.

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Paula,

Thank you for your precious comment on my blog. It never ceases to amaze me how God uses my "stuff" to touch others. He is SO good.

I LOVE the name of your blog. Those very words speak so much to me. As we wait and trust and believe and fear, we must understand that His ways are NOT our ways. They are far better.

Remember: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceied what God has prepared for those who love Him..." (1 Corinthians 2:9)

Charlotte said...

I have been doing a bible study called "Covenant" by Kay Arthur. Today's lesson was about the marraige covenant. After reading your post I felt like I should share something with you I learned in my lesson. When a man and woman join together in marraige, they are entering into a covenant, not only with each other but with God. God honors this covenant forever (as He does all covenants He enters) and not only does He honor it, but He is part of it, He will do His part in it no matter what. Because He is a part of the covenant, He will fight for it. You have God fighting for you, fighting for your marraige. The creator of the universe, the Great I Am - fights for you! The battle is the Lords!

Yolanda said...

Paula,

I am so thankful for my faith. I would be so lost without Him.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Charlotte said...

It just happened to me! I was checking a blog I like to follow "His Ways are not Our Ways" and there it was... Heb. 11:1 - Right after reading yours.

You may want to drop by that blog and take a peek.
http://laurenalexis1.blogspot.com

Yes, it is me again! said...

Sorry...I had a root canal today and I think it seriously affected my brain. Obviously, I had the blog name down wrong, it is "Walking by Faith." So sorry. This is the last one...I promise!

much2ponder said...

Praise the Lord for his mercy and grace. Faith, what is it really? The bible tells us it is believing in something we cannot see and feel or touch. I have been reminded of this so much lately. My hope also has been restored. My hope deferred has come to a place where I think I know how to hope for what I hope for. What I have been hoping for has shown few signs of movement or fruition, but my hope was restored and I know that I can hold the Lord to his own words. He will do it in his timing. I may wait my entire lifetime to find my restoration complete in the arms of the one who loves me, yet still I hope. I continue to have faith in him and an in the power of his love. He is so amazing. thanks for sharing. You are a blessing to many.

LisaShaw said...

I'm reminded of the Lord telling Jarius when ALL hope seem lost the LORD said, "Only Believe".

Blessings to you dear one as you continue to believe the LORD.

Anonymous said...

I pray that God restores your marriage. Praise God that you are walking by faith. I believe God is still in the miracle business, especially in the realm of broken marriages. (((hugs)))

Patina Soul said...

Hi Paula,
I just stumbled upon your blog today. My heart goes out to you and I stand in prayer with you over the restoration of your marriage. You would not believe how many women experience the same thing that you are going through. Although I do not know the exact details of your separation, I can tell you I understand the pain you are in. The mixed emotions and the unknown future that is ahead of you. I can tell you from experience that God DOES heal marriages! He is such an awesome God and loves his children so very, very much. Keep praying for your husband and for restoration. Ask God what you can learn from this season and how it can make you stronger.
One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:6
"Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the PEACE of GOD, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus!!" Pray for that peace to get you through this difficult time.
I agree with Tammy when she left this comment "I often wonder what would have happened if I had stopped praying for God's will in my marriage."
Don't stop praying Paula.
With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26