Friday, February 13, 2009

Do Not Lose Heart

This post was originally meant to go last Friday but God had something else for me to post (praise and worship for Him). So some of the timing may sound off because this was written in the perspective as it occurred January 30th.

After a week of asking God to "show me", I sit saying, could this be it? Could this be what You are showing me? Once again, I read a back issue of a devotional (RM 1/22/09) and the scripture screamed at me: "believe, do not doubt, do not lose heart." God is coming and He's coming in a big way for me and in my life. I knew that I needed to pen what He was saying to me in this specific Luke scripture. I did just that. Later, I wanted to further meditate on this particular scripture. These verses spoke on persistence and perseverance. Those seem to be the themes resonating on my heart as of late and in the last 19 months.

Let me retract just a bit. About two months ago I purchased a simple notebook. This would be kept close to jot down anything the Lord brings to mind. It could be a page full or just three lines. It is a place to record thoughts and subjects God speaks to me. As I pondered this Luke scripture on persistence, I was positive I had already written some thoughts on the subject. What sweet amazement when I scanned my notebook to find two pages entitled: "Persistence. Perseverance. Prayer." Wow, Lord! Thank You, Lord! You do speak to me. You are speaking to me. And, I can hear You, too. I find it no coincidence that the week I've cried to Him in prayer to 'show me' that He shows me persistence, perseverance, and prayer. That is exactly what I needed to hear on this particular issue on my heart. I had fallen into some moments of doubt and question and He came through (no surprise, huh) and I'm claiming this message!

Stay tuned to be amazed what God had already said to me. Return to find out the result of putting pen to paper over a month ago and see how the scripture today relates to the message He gave me previously at the beginning of January.

I hate to cut this right here but if I include the rest it will be too long. I also don't like posting without giving you something that uplifts, encourages, strengthens, or enlightens. So I will give you the passage to examine.

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "


And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for His chosen ones, who cry out to Him day and night? Will He keep putting them off? I tell you, He will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:1-8

Please come back this time next week. You won't regret it. It's some powerful stuff!!! Powerful! I hope I can wait until then to post the remaining.


Not Losing Heart (or Hope),

19 comments:

Laura said...

I can't wait to hear. . .

You just amaze me with how you seek to hear His voice, Paula. How you convict and inspire me to try harder!

Hope all is well in your world.

Love you, dear friend.

LynnSC said...

Paula...

I can't tell you how much I needed this tonight. Today I find myself in the trap of doubt and question. I do not want to be here. I want to believe that the words "I will see that she gets justice so that she will not eventually wear me out with her coming" are for me. I feel like I have been going to God with this same need over and over. I have been strong in my faith about this situation. Believing that it is God's will for us right now... and that I can endure it for His sake. But today I find myself overwhelmed, discouraged, and doubting. Thanks so much for posting this. I am going to spend some time reading and pondering this part of scripture.

God used you to speak to my heart. I will not lose heart. Thanks Paula,

Lynn

Pam said...

Whoo Hoo!! This is good! So glad that you are posting about this!

Sheryl said...

don't you just love it when you KNOW God is speaking directly to you. absolutely love that. i look forward to hearing the rest of the story.

~sheryl

much2ponder said...

good to hear you are not losing hope. I will come back to take a look. God is good and faithful. His timing is perfect:)

Nicole said...

So excited to hear! Hanging on the edge of my seat. I hate cliff hangers. I can hardly handle it (as I say to myself "patience my child:).

Have a wonderful weekend. Thinking of you on this, should I say it?, Val's Day eve. May God's love be ever so close tomorrow that He is all you will need on this day of "Love."

Love,
Nicole

Amy said...

I'm looking forward to it!

(((BIG HUGS!)))
Love,
Amy:)

CathM said...

Thanks for sharing this post. Through it God has really spoken to, and touched my broken spirit.

Connie said...

God is Awesome! Happy Valentine's Day! COnnie

Tammy said...

I'll be back! I love reading the thoughts that God lays on your heart.


love,
Tammy

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Paula,

I love how HE is so wooing you!! HE is truly becoming the love of your life in a more intimate and deeper way!

Have you seen the movie Braveheart? The part where William Wallace (Gibson) looks into the eyes of his bride Merron and says, "I love you...I've always loved you"...that is like your warrior/lover/bridegroom. That is the look of love from our Jesus...the lover of your soul. When you look into those eyes and know that HE has always loved you and never left you alone...you can go on and live on that love and grace another day.


HE has been loving you, longing for you to see HIM as HE is and love HIM deeply with everything in you. HE is the one love who never lets us down, hurts us with bad moods...and hold conditional love over our heads.

Your bridegroom is so beautiful, Ms. Paula...HE is the best!

Love and blessings,
Teri

Carol said...

Hi Dear Friend,
I've been wanting to read this post, and I've been on to late at night, I wanted to fully abosorb what you wrote.

I'm so excited by what you wrote, and how you seek so deeply God's guidence and love.

I can't wait to hear more.

Love you my friend,
Carol

Abba's Girl said...

You go girl, keep seeking, keep listening...and keep sharing...you are such a blessing to the Body of Christ...

Have a blessed Sabbath.

Annette

KelliGirl said...

I can't wait to read your story.
I've briefly tried prayer journaling, but have never seen it through. I'm inspired by your experiences and may give it another try. Although I am continually amazed at all the ways the Almighty whispers throughout the day.

much2ponder said...

You have an award over at my blog. No pressure to send it along to others...I just want you to know how much I appreciate you:)

Sharon said...

I love too when God speaks to me and I know it is his still voice. Wow that is a awesome scripture you have put there. And I cannot wait till you add the rest, I only pray it's this week, and really soon. Anticipationnnnnn!!!!!
I felt your excitement even when you were writing this, so I can only imagine the rest! Praise God

Love ya!

MiMi said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog from Valerie's. My heart was so touched to read your comments and it sounds like you, too, know something about "waiting".

I will be praying for you, your beloved and your situation, that as you "wait on the Lord", that He will renew your strength! I love the verse in Lamentations that you shared with me, also.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment and I hope that you will stop by again soon.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I kept a journal when I first became a Christian, but haven't for awhile. You make me think I should start again.

I'm rejoicing with you in the way God is working in your life. I love it when I see God working like this in my life, too. He also uses themes for me over periods of time.

Blessings,
Sue

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Paula,

First off, I am new to the blog world myself.....just took the big leap....but have been a "professional" blog reader for over a year. When I started trying to narrow down what blogs I loved most in looks...yours was one of the first I sent to the gal helping me. I absolutely love yours. But more than that your blog blesses me and always challenges me to hear his voice.

Would love for you to stop by my blog when you have time. I have so much to learn.

Have a great weekend,
Teresa