Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Restoration by Another Name

Restoration
...something I've been talking about
...something I've been desiring for me and His glory
...something I've been asking from God
...something I've been believing of God
...something I've been proclaiming
...something I've been feeling conviction

Something...for almost three years. Three long years. To be exact, 2.8 years.

I knew the package in which it would be. I knew what it would look like. I knew what it would feel like. I knew the glory the King would receive. I knew the Power it would take to accomplish. I knew who would be restored. I knew; I just knew.

...or so I thought. I thought restoration was of my marriage. I thought God was going to restore beloved and me in our marriage. Restoration but any other means? What's that? Isn't there only one definition? Isn't there only one means and one package for it?

No. God has restored my soul and my heart. God has restored my heart to be full and to be full to the capacity He created in me.

He restored my soul to His during the three years. He restored my heart to full peace and joy that only He could provide. He has restored my hope in something greater than I thought He had already provided with Ephesians 3:20. He has restored my belief that I can find true happiness. He has restored my faith in love, pure and simple love.

It is possible. Love for a lifetime. Yes, just as He destined for man and woman. Love: an action verb, not an adjective or feeling. For a lifetime: that's forever, until death do us part (or Christ returns). It is possible. It is likely.

Restoration: viewed with His lenses and not my finite, restricted lenses. My driver's license says: restricted. For you see, I am restricted from driving without glasses or contacts. I had been viewing God's plan, His desire, His definition of restoration as though I was driving without my contacts. And as easy as it is to pop in my contacts, God literally popped into my heart and my eyes His view of restoration and what it looks like from His position.

Wow. Have you ever had vision problems and once those new glasses go on...boom. The world is opened to such a vibrant, crisp, colorful view. I remember when I was in sixth grade and my dad was insistent on taking me and my brother to the eye doctor. My dad being a lifetime military man, he took us to Ft. Knox, KY. Boy, that was a long trip. On the way down there, my dad kept quizzing us if we could read this sign or that sign. In my stubbornness I kept saying "yes!" (Imagine that with a 12-year old snotty know-it-all attitude.) We had our long wait, as expected on a military base, and finally had our exams. Yep, I needed glasses. However much time passed and then back to school for the first day. I usually sat somewhat in the back and I literally without a doubt believed that was "normal" sight. I mean, God didn't create us to see the chalk board in the back of the class room. It was normal. NOT. I put on the royal blue speckled glasses and boom. I could see the numbers in Geometry. For real? How is that possible. I had no idea that is how it is suppose to be. You mean my dad was right? My dad had more insight and intuition in what I needed. Yes. And though I 'saw' that I did need glasses and I could read the board from great distances, that was still not going to stop me from taking off my glasses between classes. No, I couldn't wear my glasses in the hall way where everyone would see me. Because, only those who turned around in class would see my glasses. And of courses, the teachers.

My dad knew better and insisted we get an eye exam. My Father knew better and showed me His way. My Father knew better and began to prepare and heal me. My Father knew better and opened my eyes literally at the fork in the road. So close to take a different road and He put my bff's words very heavy and seriously in my heart. In my heart, to transform it and on my heart, to show me the way.

I still sit in awe of what He has done and the way He's done this marvelous plan of His. Wow. I am so unworthy of His forgiveness, grace, and wisdom. But He's granted it anyway. He is worthy of my praise and worship. He is worthy of my gratitude. He is worthy of my indebtedness forever. He is worthy of me holding His gift so preciously in my hand and tending to the heart He has given me as though it is my very own heart.

Lord Jesus, You are so worthy. So worthy. Lord, thank You for this path. Thank You for Your infinite wisdom in knowing exactly what I needed and exactly when I needed it. You, Lord, are the Creator of awesomeness. I will live the rest of my life showing praise to You for the giftS You have given me. I will treasure the heart You have placed in my hands. Lord, You have exciting and awesome things in store, don't You?! You truly are the Father of impossibles and the Father of Ephesians 3:20...more than once. There is no limit, Lord, to how many times you can knock our socks off. No, no limit to Your power and grace. I'm so unworthy of Your redeeming love. You, Lord, have restored me and redeemed me.

Being Restored By Him,

© Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

Picture is of my Azalea yesterday.

38 comments:

Carol said...

I love it!!!!! I'm so happy for you, and to be a part of your journey into this new chapter of Restoration.

Lot's of Love,
Carol

Beth in NC said...

Paula, you are so deserving! You are! I am thrilled for you who has been so faithful to believe. God heard the cries of your heart, but answered in a way you never expected.

(((hugs)))

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Happy doesn't say enough. God's Blessings are here to come and over take you excediently more than you could hope or ask for. But yes I am so happy for you.
Loves,
Lynn

Cheri Bunch said...

Dear Paula,
What a "visual" description of your testimony! I was very blessed by it! He does all things well, no? So, so happy for you, sweet friend. I took my son to the eye dr. just yesterday. He declared, "I couldn't believe how much better I saw with the right lenses! I had no idea my vision was skewed!"
Your spiritual analogy is so true!

I love what the Lord is doing for you! I am praising Him with you!

Blessings,
Cheri

Sharon said...

Yes this is the best testimony I have heard of in a while. I have sailed with you on this journey, and I have felt every emotion(at least close to!) that you have shared with us. And I know that he is watching over you, he was just working his ways all over you!
We can make our ways his ways, if we just work on them.
I already have been spreading the word to all my friends especially those that need to hear that he works on us all in so many different ways. I do wear those glasses, and I Love the view I get when I put them on.
Thanks for sharing this, Hmmmm I just adjusted them on my face, I see much better, because of YOU!

I have missed your writings but I do understand. :)
Still praying for you! Hugggsssss and Love to ya girley
Sharon

Manda said...

Restoration is something we could all use... I have two R's that the LORD is working in me - Restoration and REDEMPTION.
I praise Him for both!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the post and love the word restoration....Happy for you...

Pam said...

Maybe I need to go to the eye doctor... :) love ya!!

sanjeet said...

you are so deserving! You are! I am thrilled for you who has been so faithful to believe.
indian classified site

valerie said...

I am so happy for you too, Paula.
God is good & faithful to His promises.

Pat said...

Oh my Paula....BEAUTIFUL!! Fabulous! Precious!!!
So wonderful to read,
Pat

andi said...

LOVING IT!!!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Restoration....just what my post is about.

Had a few hours to blog hop tonight......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Aunt Angie said...

I love this...and yes, my Father ALWAYS knows better--I just have to open my EYES and see it and follow :)

Blessings on you friend! (I SEE the LORD working here) Thanks for the e-mail update (a while back)--my life has been swamped...not a swamp--although this summer it may feel that way :).

Praying for you!

Shirley Mary said...

I join all of the others in joy for God's Restoration in your life. And how true are the words,
"His Ways. . . are not our ways."

much love!
Mary

Shirley Mary said...

I join all of the others in joy for God's Restoration in your life. And how true are the words,
"His Ways. . . are not our ways."

much love!
Mary

Sarah said...

Restoration, the beautiful process in my life today!

Paula, I wanted to thank you for being a part of my first year of blogging! What a wonderful year it has been. I'm throwing a little party and as an honored guest, I would love for you to stop by and share a highlight of your year with all of us.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/04/cactus-happy.html

Cactus Happy,
Sara

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a great post....so glad that I stopped by

Stop by and check out my Mother's Day Giveaway.
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

Loved reading this! The world does look different with our glasses on...so much better, and brighter.

Blessings!

andi said...

YIPPPEEE! :)

Co said...

Paula,

God is doing GREAT THINGS through you! God bless you, CJ

valerie said...

Thinking about you this morning.
Hope all is continuing to go well in your life.
Jot me an e-mail or inbox on facebook when you get a chance.
Love ya,
Valerie

Charlotte/For Such A Time As This said...

Paula,
You OK? Been checking here and haven't heard from you in a while. Hope your days are being filled with God's grace and goodness!

Unknown said...

Paula I love this post!! I am so happy for you and thankful for how God has spoken to you!

God bless you!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love and hugs from Kentucky,
Tammy :)

bornagain77 said...

This insight into the resurrection may interest you:

The Center Of The Universe Is Life - General Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and The Shroud Of Turin - video
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3993426/

The End Of Christianity - Finding a Good God in an Evil World - Pg.31 -
William Dembski
Excerpt: "In mathematics there are two ways to go to infinity. One is to grow large without measure. The other is to form a fraction in which the denominator goes to zero. The Cross is a path of humility in which the infinite God becomes finite and then contracts to zero, only to resurrect and thereby unite a finite humanity within a newfound infinity." http://www.designinference.com/documents/2009.05.end_of_xty.pdf

Philippians 2: 5-11
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

"Miracles do not happen in contradiction to nature, but only in contradiction to that which is known to us of nature."
St. Augustine

http://lettherebelight-77.blogspot.com/2009/10/intelligent-design-anthropic-hypothesis_19.html

bornagain77 said...

This insight into the resurrection may interest you:

The Center Of The Universe Is Life - General Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and The Shroud Of Turin - video
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3993426/

The End Of Christianity - Finding a Good God in an Evil World - Pg.31 -
William Dembski
Excerpt: "In mathematics there are two ways to go to infinity. One is to grow large without measure. The other is to form a fraction in which the denominator goes to zero. The Cross is a path of humility in which the infinite God becomes finite and then contracts to zero, only to resurrect and thereby unite a finite humanity within a newfound infinity." http://www.designinference.com/documents/2009.05.end_of_xty.pdf

Philippians 2: 5-11
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

"Miracles do not happen in contradiction to nature, but only in contradiction to that which is known to us of nature."
St. Augustine

http://lettherebelight-77.blogspot.com/2009/10/intelligent-design-anthropic-hypothesis_19.html

Toyin O. said...

Praise God for his faithfulness!



Check out my blog:
http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

outlast cooling blanket review said...

This is very nice and I am very happy for you this is very good journey of life.I really enjoyed to read this post.
Thank you for sharing with us.

Unknown said...

So glad to see the victory of Christ, lived out in your heart, by faith and trust in Gods perfect love! Truly, restoration and peace is in our own heart. Isn't God's lens just amazing? His view is always the BEST!
Love Robin :)

Shanda said...

I praise God for your restoration and for you faith in persevering. God is good and hears our cries. I have also been crying for over two years for the restoration of my son's relationship with God. I will keep on :) and take heart in seeing how the prayers of others are answered.

A Peculiar Person said...

How absolutely true! God really does see and know exactly what we need - not what we think we need, but those broken pieces of our lives that we've learned to live with. And when He comes in to fix them ... well, there's nothing like it, is there?

I'm so glad I happened across your blog today!
God bless!
~ Paula

GOD'S LADIE said...

Yes, the precious grace and mercy of GOD is a blessing he bestows even when we don't deserve it! Restoration...what a blessed post. Thanks for sharing!

Abby said...

This is my best of ALL blogs i have seen so sweet to see the Lord's words n such sweet persons love n regards to all specially to Paula :) God loves you my dear... love to see you in my friends list on facebook Noel Abby Barber my best wishes are with you always <3 love and hugs <3

♥ my diary♥ said...

Nice post thanks for sharing...God bless you...

GOD'S LADIE said...

Love this and Ephesians 3:20, YES!!! YES!! I have holding on to this precious word for a bit. You ARE worthy! May HE continue to TRANSFORM and RESTORE into the precious Woman of GOD you are.

Running Diva Mom said...

Hey Paula! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
Please note in your email: SPARKLY SOULD HEADBANDS
runningdivamom at yahoo dot com
www.runningdivamom.com

R's Rue said...

This is beautiful!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

mail4rosey said...

This is such a beautiful post!